Meatloaf & Dirty Mashed Potatoes
This comfort food classic is sure to please, and is one of my favorites as an anytime meal. You can also find this recipe in the February issue of Fox Den Life Magazine.
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 3 slices white sandwich bread, torn apart into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cavander’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- ½ cup water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place all ingredients in a bowl. With clean hands using a light touch mix all ingredients together. In a 9 x 13” backing dish form meat mixture into a long loaf shape.
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
Combine all ingredients and pour topping evenly over the meat loaf. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serves 6-8.
Dirty Mashed Potatoes:
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
Rinse and drain potatoes. Cut into roughly 1” size pieces leaving the skin on. In a large pot place potatoes and salt and fill with water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 15- 18 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to pan. Stir potatoes over medium heat until dry about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese and butter and mash potatoes until just smooth. Add milk if needed to reach desired creamy consistency. Serves 8-10.