Bread Bowl Spinach Dip
This is my favorite version of spinach dip. There’s something about the way the sweet flavor of the Hawaiian bread cubes works with the creamy spinach dip made with Parmesan cheese and onion.
- 2 packages chopped spinach, cooked and drained (squeeze out excess moisture)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped and sautéed in 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1 package Hawaiian Sweet Bread rolls, cubed
Combine the first 6 ingredients and refrigerate at least 12 hours. Before serving create a “bowl” by hollowing out the center of the Hawaiian loaf and fill with spinach dip. Using a serrated knife cut the center section of the bread loaf and the package of rolls into cubes for spreading the dip.