Baked Pimento Cheese Dip
Pimento Cheese is one of my favorites. My supper club friend, Leslie, inspired this recipe. She served her version as an appetizer with crackers. I like it with Fritos scoops too.
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated (best if hand grated)
- 1 7 oz jar sliced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated sweet onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Combine all ingredients and place in a small backing dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until hot and cooked through. Serve warm with crackers or Fritos Scoops.
Note: When you grate your own cheese, you control the quality. Freshly grated cheese has a fuller flavor and won't be dry, which results in a better-tasting dish.